(hidden) helper text to format the ABOUT rich text with this font
Hal Hamilton has dedicated his life to the sport of water skiing both on and off the water, as an avid tournament skier and Cypress Gardens show skier in the 1960s. Hal was also a Correct Craft dealer and bought Robert's Sport Goods, selling boats and water skis. With his passion for the sport, Hal was determined to find ways to promote water skiing. One of the pioneers of the early pro events, Hal founded the cash prize Iron Man Jump Tournament in 1976. It proved to be a great success. Bringing high spectator attendance, publicity and media attention to the sport and "jump" starting many pro careers. The Iron Man was a highlight event on the water ski calendar and ran annually until the Pro Tour started in the late 1980s. Hal has continued to be involved as an avid promoter at the state, national and international levels.
- Cypress Gardens skier 1959-1961
- Team USA competitor - 1974 Pan Am Games in Mexico
- Founder of the Iron Man Tournament
- 1977 Presidential Sports Award Recipient
- 2008 Alabama State, Southeastern Regional, and National Overall Championship in Men's 7 Division
- 6th Place in Senior World Tournament - oldest participant at the age of 68